SGFinDex, or Singapore Financial Data Exchange, is a public good digital infrastructure that allows you to retrieve and share your financial data from Government agencies via MyInfo and private sector organizations with another organization of your choice.
It is a joint initiative by the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS), the Smart Nation and Digital Government Group (SNDGG), and financial institutions.
SGFinDex can help link multiple financial data sources from participating entities to facilitate the sharing of your personal financial information.
For example, you can retrieve your saving balances from banks and investment portfolio value from the CDP, and financial information like HDB loans and CPF balances from the relevant government agencies to help you better understand your overall financial health and plan your finances holistically.
It uses a centralized gateway for efficient data sharing based on shared data and API standards and uses Singpass for authentication and consent.
With SGFinDex, you don't have to manually consolidate your financial data across different data sources, instead, you can conveniently and securely view your consolidated personal financial data on any financial planning application of your choice.
SGFinDex does not allow transactions to be made from your bank accounts.
Which data sources are supported by SGFinDex?
SGFinDex supports information from a variety of sources, including:
- Current/Savings Account (month-end account balance for the last 4 months)
- Fixed Deposit (month-end account balance for the last 4 months)
- Outstanding credit card balances (statement balance for last 4 months)
- Loan balances (previous month's statement balance)
- Unit Trusts (previous month's account balance)
- CPF Investment Scheme (CPFIS)/ Supplementary Retirement Scheme(SRS) holdings (previous month's account balance)
- Equities – Shares, Stapled Securities, Depository Receipts (previous month-end balance)
- Bonds – Corporate Debt, T-Bond, TBill (previous month-end balance)
- Unit Trusts – ETF (previous month-end balance)
- Structured Products – Structured Warrants (previous month-end balance)
- Others – Rights, Preference Share, Funds, Plain Warrants (previous month-end balance)
- CPF Ordinary Account (OA), Special Account (SA), MediSave Account (MA), and Retirement Account (SA) (most recent balances)
- IRAS Yearly Assessable Income
- Monthly HDB loan installment
- HDB loan outstanding balance
How can you use SGFinDex?
SGFinDex is a service that applications and banks can use to aggregate financial information about their clients.
As clients, you can connect and share your financial information with these applications or banks which consolidate them to give you a view of your assets and liabilities and help you plan more effortlessly.
For example, DBS' NAV Planner uses SGFinDex to help you with financial planning despite you having assets on other platforms.
Other platforms using SGFinDex data include:
- HSBC’s FinConnect
- Maybank’s MView
- OCBC’s Your Financial OneView
- Standard Chartered Bank's Findex
- UOB’s One View
- Ministry of Manpower’s MyMoneySense
How secure is SGFinDex?
SGFinDex uses SingPass as the authentication and authorization mechanism. Every time you want to connect and retrieve your financial information, you need to verify your identity using SingPass.
Your financial information is only retrieved once you have given consent, and you can control which entity to share information with.
Your personal financial data is encrypted when it is retrieved through SGFinDex; only the financial planning application that you have authorized to receive the data is able to decrypt it. Data is also kept confidential and protected during the data transmission process. SGFinDex cannot read and does not store the user’s personal financial data.
How to use SG FinDEX for your personal finance journey
SGFinDEX can be a powerful tool for personal financial planning. Here's one way to implement it:
- Choose a preferred bank to consolidate finances with (e.g. DBS NAV Planner)
- Link your other bank accounts and CDP to SGFinDEX
- Synchronize your accounts to view your consolidated financial position (assets and liabilities)
- Understand your financial health and make a plan for retirement and other financial goals
- Invest, save or pay down debt to meet your financial goals
- Review semi-annually